Written by Rhian Hunter
MAKES A WHOLE LOAF
1/2 Cup Black Sesame Seeds (toasted)
4 Over Ripened Bananas
3/4-Cup Rice Malt Syrup
2 Cups Wholemeal Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Cup Nuttelex (melted)
2 TBLS Black Sesame Seeds (toasted)
1-2 TBLS Maple Butter
*4 Mint Leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 10×5 loaf pan with
butter or cooking spray. Throw in sesame seeds and
move around the pan to stick and distribute evenly, you
want the pan to be lined with the seeds to form a crust.
- In a large mixing bowl combine 3/4 Cup rice malt syrup,
flour, baking soda and 2 TBLS of sesame seeds.
- In another mixing bowl, mash the bananas and mix in the
- Add the egg and banana mixture to the other bowl and
stir to combine, now add the melted butter and tahini,
and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture into prepared pan and bake in the oven
for 60 minutes, or until you can pull a clean knife from
the center. (If the top starts to get too brown too quickly,
cover with foil).. Remove from oven and allow cooling
completely in the pan before slicing up.
- Serve warmed with Maple Butter and a handful of berries
and a few mint leaves.