Written by Kate Manley
Whilst I have never ventured into the realm of a farm stay getaway, the theme of this month’s edition piqued my interest. And how surprised and excited was I to discover a whole wealth of wonderful farm holidays not that far away here in Queensland.
From luxe accommodation to camping out under the stars, you can get back to nature and experience farm life by getting up close and personal with some of the animals; helping milk the cows, feeding goats, or alpacas, or miniature donkeys, some baby doll sheep or cute fluffy chickens. Or take a trail ride on horseback to take in the spectacular countryside and glorious wide open sunsets.
By embracing rural life for a few days (or longer) you will find a plethora of wonderful dining experiences, meals that specialise in farm to fork using the freshest local and organic produce. Some iconic restaurants and vineyards are situated either in the farm stay environs or in one of the nearby local towns.
So whether you go as a big family group with all the kids, or are just taking time out from your busy city lifestyle, a farm stay should definitely be on your bucket list.
To that end, this month we’ve assembled a collection of farm stay essential dressing; casual, comfortable and rustic with dresses that are classically floaty, flouncy and feminine. Yee-haw!
- Rust check cotton oversized shirt with taupe jersey knit pants, webbing belt, leather cross body bag and woven hat.
- Tie front, elastic waist, cotton blend jeans teamed with white, embroidered, 100% cotton shirt with gathered frill front.
- Sleeveless tan coloured cotton dress, patchwork crocheted top and layer maxi skirt, black and white webbing belt.
- Patterned olive, tan and white, 100% cotton, shoe string strap dress with double rope belt and olive crocheted cotton blend bolero cardigan.
- Beige stretch shorts teamed with frilled cap sleeve, tie front shirt, 100% cotton long sleeved jumper and beige cotton woven sun hat.