Recipe courtesy of Lindsey Nash, Country Kitchens team
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
2 ½ serves per portion
1 zucchini, diced, 1cm
1 red capsicum, diced, 1cm
1 eggplant, diced, 1cm
3 tablespoons olive oil
300g chicken breast, diced, 1cm
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup pearl couscous
½ cup feta, reduced fat
½ cucumber, finely chopped
1 cup natural yoghurt, reduced fat
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- PREHEAT oven to 180°C.
- ADD zucchini, capsicum and eggplant to large roasting pan and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil. Roast in oven for 20 minutes.
- HEAT another tablespoon of oil over medium heat in a large frypan. Add chicken slices, half the garlic, cumin and oregano, stirring until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- ADD remaining oil over medium heat in pan. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add in couscous and ½ cup of water. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes until water is absorbed. Use fork to fluff up couscous.
- SQUEEZE juice from cucumber with hands.
- ADD yoghurt, splash of oil, lemon juice and remaining garlic in small bowl and mix through cucumber.
- LAYER couscous, vegetables and chicken in bowl. Drizzle tzatziki dressing and garnish with feta.