Recipe courtesy of Heather Seigmeier, Warra Branch
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 ½ hours
2 ½ serves per portion
750g steak, fat trimmed, diced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, diced
3 carrots, diced
2 celery sticks, diced
2 capsicums (red or green), sliced
4 medium potatoes, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons plain flour
½ cup water
500mL beef stock, reduced salt
3 teaspoons soy sauce, reduced salt
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon sherry
- COMBINE marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add steak and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 180oC.
- HEAT oil in large saucepan or ovenproof pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery, cooking gently until onion begins to caramelize. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- REMOVE steak from marinade and add to pot, cooking for 5 minutes or until brown on all sides. ADD cooked onion mixture back to the pot, along with capsicum, potatoes and marinade liquid.
- COMBINE flour and a small amount of water in a bowl to form a smooth paste. Add remaining water, mixing to create a smooth slurry. Add to pot, stirring to avoid lumps.
- PLACE lid on pot and bake in oven for 1 ½ hours.
- SERVE with steamed greens.