Written by Abby Blanke
The ocean is not only good for the soul, it’s good for our skin too!
Have you ever had a big dive into salt water and let the water wash over you, making you feel instantly revitalised?
It’s like all the stresses of the day get washed away with that one dive.
We take for granted how lucky we are to live by the ocean and be able to just dive in.
Not only does it make us feel instantly better, it actually really helps our skin aswell.
Salt water is a powerful acne medication that works by cleansing the cells and reducing the bacteria, while keeping the skin pH levels intake. Salt water straight from the ocean is one of the best ways to take advantage of this because its natural and rich in minerals.
If diving into the ocean in winter is not your ideal way to reduce your acne, then here is a way it can be done at home.
- Mix 1 cup very warm water (not boiling) with 3 tablespoons of hymalian salt. Did you know hylamian salt has over 84 minerals? No wonder its so amazing for your skin. Stir well with a spoon.
- Using a soft cloth or face washer emerse the cloth in the solution and cover the effected areas for 3 to 4 mins. (you can leave a little longer if your break outs are particularly bad, sore or painful.)
- Remove the cloth and rinse your face with the mixture (splash over your face)
- Rinse with plain water to ensure all the salt is off and gently pat dry.
- Do this in the morning and at night.
- Don’t “scrub” or “work” the salt in. It is not meant to exfoliate your skin but rather let the skin absorb the minerals from the salt.
Persistent acne requires a whole body approach and sometimes a team of people in your corner from doctors, naturopaths and skin therapists.
So, I am not saying this will cure acne … this is just another tool in your belt to help fight it and have bright clear skin.